This is my first post to the food blog, but it dates back a week ago when I intended to begin. For Super Bowl Sunday, we had 7 people over. Our evening snacks included shrimp cocktail, Eric’s bean dip, T’s spinach dip, cookies, cheese and crackers, chips, and my contribution… Oreo Truffle Bombs. And that is the title of tonight’s blog! I wanted to share a picture of this delightful dessert. It’s a mixture of crushed oreos, cream cheese and white chocolate with dark chocolate drizzled over each ball.
I used a toothpick to dip the balls into the chocolate, however, next time I might consider not melting the chocolate and instead chop it up into fine pieces and just roll the oreo and cream cheese mixture for a crumb shell.
There is a possibility that I might try to make these in other flavors and package them to sell. It’s something to toy with and think about? I think I could make a fun hobby out of it! What do you think?
Oreo Truffle Bombs
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 package Oreos
1 package white chocolate bark (or almond bark) or candy coating
1. Finely crush the Oreos in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Using your hands, mix in the cream cheese until fully incorporated.
3. Roll into 1″ balls and place on parchment/wax paper lined cookie sheets. Cool in fridge until firm.
4. Melt the chocolate as directed on package. Using toothpicks, dip the truffles into the chocolate and place back on wax paper. Sprinkle immediately with choice of decorative topping (optional).
5. Let dry, then refrigerate until ready to eat!
Filed under: Uncategorized |